Showing all 8 results
Showing all 8 results
Hormonal changes, i.e. the overproduction of the sex hormone androgen and menstrual cycle and puberty
Genetic reasons: There are multiple candidates for genes which are possibly related to acne, including polymorphisms in TNF-alpha, IL-1 alpha, CYP1A1 among others
Psychological reasons like extreme tension as it is considered a factor that can cause acne flare.
Infections caused by S.epidermidis and P.acnes
A high glycemic diet is known to be a reason behind the worsening of acne. Treating acne is possible, one can find acne products online easily.
Signs and Symptoms:
The most common sign of acne is the appearance of pimples on the face, back, chest, shoulders, and neck. Some acne can leave behind acne scars that leave a long-lasting spot on the place of acne scar. They often leave behind an inflamed red mark. The different types of acne include:
- Cysts are the various types of acne
The appearance of acne varies with skin color. It may result in psychological and social problems. Consult a dermatologist to treat your acne condition. You can buy acne products online but it is advisable to get the medication prescribed from your dermatologist. He will recommend the best acne medication that suits your skin condition.
Adverse effects of the problem:
The problem of acne can have both physical and psychological health problems as acne is a skin infection that causes clinical severities. Acne has psychological problems associated with it. The patient who faces recurrent bouts of acne can have the following damages to the overall personality:
- Self-esteem and body image
- Social withdrawal/relationship building problems
- Image problem at school and at work
- Some patients may go into depression-like state and show symptoms such as:
- Unplanned crying
- Loss of desire for food
- Thoughts of unworthiness
- Temper disturbance
- Behavioral problems
- Depression is the major factor in teenagers as they relate the physical appearance with their confidence and acne makes them feel bad about their appearance. Although acne can be treated easily using OTC (over the counter) medicines and prescription drugs.
- The daily skincare regimen is necessary that includes cleansing the skin at least twice a day.
- Always prefer oil-free products for your skin and hair
- Do not scrub your skin too vigorously
- Always wash your face after sweating
Moisturize the skin to minimize the dryness
- Use the makeup sparingly
- Stay out of the sun
Common Acne medicines:
Here you can buy acne medicines like:
- Retino-A cream
- Tazret gel
- Finacea gel
- Supatret gel
- Aziderm cream etc.
Myths and Facts about Acne:
MYTH: You must scrub to cure acne
Fact: avoid scrubbing your face, which can irritate the skin. As a general rule, wash your face twice a day with mild soap and water in a circular motion and gently pat dry when you’re done.
Diagnosis of Acne Disease:
The diagnosis of acne is done by a dermatologist who first examines the skin to make sure that you have acne because several other conditions are there which look like acne. The following techniques are used by a dermatologist to identify the presence of the bacteria that can cause acne:
Leeds acne grading technique
Cook’s acne grading scale
When your acne is diagnosed start taking prescribed medication to treat the condition.
Treatment for Acne Disease:
Acne treatment that you apply to the skin:
Most acne medicines for treatments are applied to the skin. Some topicals help kill the bacteria. Others work on reducing the oil. The topical medicine may contain a retinoid, prescription-strength benzoyl peroxide, antibiotic, or even salicylic acid. Your dermatologist will determine your skin and then you can buy acne medicine that suits you the best.
Acne treatment that works throughout the body:
- Antibiotics as acne medicines
- Birth control pills and other medicine that works on hormones (can be helpful for women)
- Combined oral contraceptives may be helpful in reducing the severity of acne
- Isotretinoin: the only treatment that works on all those factors causes acne; it has much fewer side effects than the other topical creams. They work by normalizing the follicle cell life cycle.
- Procedures that treat acne: Your dermatologist may treat your acne with a procedure that can be performed during an office visit. These treatments include:
- Laser therapies and Light therapies to reduce acne-causing bacteria.
- Surgical lancing or drainage and extraction of acne large cysts. The acne scars also lessen with using this technique.
- Chemical peels to treat some certain acne types example, blackheads, and papules.
Steps to improve health:
In this era, practically almost every case of acne can be fruitfully treated. Dermatologists can help to treat acne and to prevent the breakouts of new acne and reduce your chance of having scars. If you have questions or concerns about caring for your skin, you should make an appointment to see a dermatologist.
You can follow the precautionary measures to avoid skin irritation like:
- Always wash your body after sweating
- Use your fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser
- Be gentle with your skin
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Shampoo regularly
- Keep your hands off your face
- Stay out of the sun and tanning beds